Sharepoint 2010 RTM installed & configured: problem with Office Web App on DC

I’ve installed the RTM version of Sharepoint 2010 server in W2008R2 (in HyperV) + the RTM version of Visual Studio 2010 RTM last Sunday.

Everything went pretty well until I tried the Office Web Apps : the Word Viewer and Powerpoint Viewer generated an error but nothing was logged in the ULS.

Fortunately I came across an old post from Jie Li (Microsoft, Sharepoint team) who reported an issue when SP2010 is installed on a Domain Controller.

I just did this:

$e = Get-SPServiceApplication | where {$_.TypeName.Equals("Word Viewing Service Application")}
$e.WordServerIsSandboxed = $false
$e.WordServerIsSandboxed

Get-SPPowerPointServiceApplication | Set-SPPowerPointServiceApplication -EnableSandboxedViewing $false
Get-SPPowerPointServiceApplication | Set-SPPowerPointServiceApplication -EnableSandboxedEditing $false

In the server’s c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config
Add the line below in the end of the dynamicTypes.
<add mimeType="application/zip" enabled="false" />

IISRESET

…and that worked!

Update : 5/10/2010 : according to my good friend Keith Liu from Microsoft China who tried this post with a Chinese version of Windows, don’t forget to localize the Service application name…

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s